And catching up on recent anecdotes:
February 8, 2017
"I'm graceful but I'm also impulsive. I'm
glad God gave me ninja-like powers. And I'm glad for especially the help of
Dad. He trains me in ninjitsu." (Bet none of you can guess which kid said
this.) His brother, on the other hand, said, "Can I go to rest time early?
I need to be in my room by 4:00 because that's when I'm taking my stuffed
animals on their field trip." "Oh? Where are you going today?"
"Pompeii ."
February 14, 2017
(overheard)
Alex: You were mean to me when we were in Mom's belly! You were kicking my bubble!
Will: Well, you were kicking *my* bubble!
Alex: You were mean to me when we were in Mom's belly! You were kicking my bubble!
Will: Well, you were kicking *my* bubble!
February 24, 2017
While stirring something, I mentioned that the
tip of my pinky finger accidentally brushed the batter. Will said, "That's
fine. Your germs aren't dirty; they're sweet, like you are." I guess I'll keep
him after all.
March 7, 2017
Quotes from dinner
Will: What's the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
Alex: Hmm, I can't think of one ...
Me:Kiawah
Island ? Hunting Island
State Park ? The mountains
in NC with the waterfalls?
Alex: I think it would actually be Grandma and Grandpa's house [i.e. the house I grew up in, inIndianapolis ], because the trees there are
really beautiful, don't you think?
***
Me to Tom: What do you think we should do to celebrate our anniversary this year?
Will: I know! You could play a game of Monopoly while you babysit us!
Will: What's the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
Alex: Hmm, I can't think of one ...
Me:
Alex: I think it would actually be Grandma and Grandpa's house [i.e. the house I grew up in, in
***
Me to Tom: What do you think we should do to celebrate our anniversary this year?
Will: I know! You could play a game of Monopoly while you babysit us!
March
No comments:
Post a Comment