Thursday, July 14, 2016

Make Over Your Evenings

I've enjoyed Crystal Paine's blog www.MoneySavingMom.com ever since my sister told me about it when my twins were 4 months old. On one modest salary and with one more baby than we'd bargained for, I was trying to figure out the world of couponing; MoneySavingMom made that easy!

Over time, she's come out with a variety of resources and she shares a passion of mine: to help people move past survival mode, thrive and really make a difference in the world!

I was definitely in survival mode in those first months with twins. And some aspects of that survival mode clung to me throughout several years of being a SAHM. To some degree, I lost my passion, energy and sense of purpose. They weren't completely gone, but they were dim reflections of what they used to be. In the past two or three years, God's been working in my life to help me graaadually work through some things and get those back, and to rediscover my purpose and priorities in a new season of life as a mom to school-age kids.

I recently did the course Make Over Your Mornings (also very good!) and today I finished Make Over Your Evenings. They're both 14-day courses that only take about 10-15 minutes each day. You watch a short video and then do workbook projects. Both courses help you clarify your priorities, identify time-sucks, learn how to say no without feeling guilty, and set up routines that help you move toward thriving and living your days with purpose and intention. I love that!!



I did the courses pretty much back to back, so I'm still refining and tweaking my routines and working on forming new habits. (I don't necessarily recommend doing them this close together. However, since I did them during the summer when there's less structure and our schedule is so different from week to week, I felt like I needed to go ahead and jump into MOYE!)

My reason for doing Make Over Your Evenings was to stop feeling behind, scattered and guilty. As much as I want to live my life with purpose and intention, I tend to feel pulled in a lot of directions. I don't always stop to intentionally address and think through the expectations I have for myself, or that others have of me, and consciously choose which to accept and which to reject. This course is helping me move more in that direction. I definitely want to live my life with purpose and intention, and to thrive. It's so easy to slip into the hamster wheel, or complacency (especially when I'm struggling with health issues and fatigue!) and survival mode. The routines and habits I'm developing through these two courses are helping me live the life I want to live, and am called to live.

If you're interested in checking them out, here's my affiliate link:
https://gr161.isrefer.com/go/MOYE/macchiatto/

No comments:

Post a Comment