Friday, May 9, 2014

Easter, Then-and-Now, More 5-year-old Silliness

Wow, have I really not posted since March? Sorry about that.

It's hard to know who is reading this since I'll see sporadic view counts but no comments. If you read this, would you mind taking a few seconds to leave a comment? I'm just curious if I'm talking to myself over here or random strangers who happen by or who ... ;) 


I'll start with some recent comparison pics I put together; Summer 2010 vs Spring 2014:


What a difference 4 years makes, eh? :) And one more:



March 25, 
Will: "I love my dad. He takes such good care of me. He's like a baby-sitter!"
We clearly have good taste in baby-sitters. 
(I guess he hasn't seen all those posts about "It's not baby-sitting when it's your kid!" ;))

March 27
Will: "My friends made fun of me at school yesterday. Because I was drawing a picture, and Caleb laughed at me and said, 'That's not Mace Windu'! And then Jack laughed at me too. Everybody made was laughing at me, because they thought I drew him wrong."
Alex: "Except your brother! Except for me, Alex! I didn't laugh at you."
I was thinking how sweet that he didn't want to make fun of his brother.
But then Alex continued: "... Because I wasn't there!"



March 28, 2014

So I just mentioned Will's recent "Dad's like a baby-sitter" line to 2BlueDad as he was walking out of the room. 
Alex: You're like a baby-sitter too, Mom!
Me: I am? How?
Alex: Because you're really pretty and you stay with us a lot.
Me: Um ... thank you!
Alex: Actually? You're like our bestest parent ever.
Since I have two super-Daddy-loving little boys, I was quite struck by that.
Me: Aww, thank you!
Alex: Yeah, you're our bestest parent ever because you take good care of us and you stay with us a lot.
Will: And I like Daddy, too, because he's almost as powerful. I love him SO much.
Me: Almost as powerful as what??
Will: As a lion.
Obviously. 


Time for some Easter pictures!

Making Resurrection rolls:


Easter Sunday; before and after the egg hunt:




April 21, 2014
(Back story: Alex has been telling us for a while now that when he grows up he wants to marry "Baby L," our friend's daughter, who is now a toddler.)

Over lunch, Will was talking about how he never wants to marry anyone. Alex said he does want to get married. I told them that I like being married, because I get to be with my best friend a lot … and that if they do get married, my advice is to choose someone who really loves God, and loves them, and is kind and hard-working. I asked them, “Do you think I married someone like that?” And they both said “Yes!”

I told them, “That’s why I like being married; because I have a really wonderful husband and I enjoy spending time with him, and he really loves God and loves me and is very kind and hard-working.”


Alex thought for a minute and then said very seriously, “Well … Baby L. doesn’t do any of those things … but she’s cute! And she looks good!” It starts so young ...


***
Well, there's a sibling fight I never thought I'd hear: 
"I love Jesus more than you!" 
"No, I love him more than you do!" 
"Well I love him 813,434!" 
"Well I love him 435,648889!" 
"Well ... We love him the same, don't we?!"
  
May 4, 2014
At dinner, 2BlueDad was telling me about a family he met and mentioned that they homeschool.
Will piped up: "I want to homeschool today!"
Me: "You do? Why?"
Will: "Because you know a lot of things that I want to learn, and you can teach me some of them today!"
:heart melting:

May 5, 2014

Will: "Mom, for your birthday tomorrow, I want to give you a Wonder Woman costume and a Wonder Woman shirt and a Wonder Woman action figure and a Wonder Woman Lego figure. Actually, I have a Wonder Woman Lego figure I could give you ... except I can't find the head. Or the body or the hair."

And one more comparison pic. Life with 1-month-old twin boys versus life with 5+year-old twin boys: 

No comments:

Post a Comment