Sunday, May 12, 2013

Watermelon smoothie ... mmmm ....

A few days ago I bought a seedless watermelon that turned out to be rather disappointing once we opened it. It was odd; seemed like it had been at least partly frozen and then thawed. Blech!

I hated to waste this big old watermelon so today I hunted for watermelon smoothie recipes. I'd never had one before but figured they had to taste better than this melon was as-is! We didn't have all needed ingredients for any of the recipes I found so I combined a few to create my own.



Watermelon Smoothie (serves 3-4)
3 c. seedless watermelon chunks
6 ice cubes
1/2-1 c. strawberry ice cream
1-2 Tbsp (to taste) lemonade mix

Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

All four of us loved it. Will took a sip and then exclaimed with great feeling, "This is the yummiest treat that I never had before in my LIFE! ... Mom, are you my life?"



No comments:

Post a Comment