Today was really kind of a rough day with Will, overall, especially when we were out and about, trying to get errands done and at the gym free play, trying to keep him from injuring any of the babies and toddlers while doing his usual human pinball routine. Which made this little post-bath encounter tonight all the sweeter.
For context, before bedtime they each get to choose a short reward video to watch if they meet certain criteria. Will's a major daddy's boy and Alex is more often a mommy's boy, so there's usually no surprise which parent they choose to watch their video with.
Will: "I want to watch my video with you tonight, Mommy. And I want to give you a hug and kiss."
Me: "Aww, OK. That's so nice!" (opening my arms for the tackle-hug and kiss that came next)
Will: "You're my BEST mommy I ever had!"
Me: "Why, thank you! You're my best Will I've ever had!"
Will: "You're like a teacher, too. You teach us anything! Can you be like a teacher-mom, Mommy?"
Me: "Mmm ... you mean like a home-school mom?" (not sure if he even knows that term/concept but some of his good friends and most of his cousins are home-schooled)
Will: "Yeah! Like a home-school mom!"
Jury's still out on what we'll do for schooling past preschool, but maybe that's one vote for home-schooling? Or maybe he meant something else; who knows. But whatever he meant, he made my day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment