Saturday, October 4, 2014

Life, love and other things

I have some catching up to do! 

First, my big boys have started Kindergarten and are loving it.
You may notice a name change; Will re-branded himself for elementary school, telling his teacher (to our surprise) that he prefers to be called William.






And some comparison collages for good measure and sentimental value:


Ah, my boys. A bit of a shock to the system having both your kids start full-day school at the same time. One of the pros and cons of having multiples; everything is more intense since both/all your kids (usually) experience those big transitions at once! It's bittersweet, really.

A few more that show their personalities:


And time to catch up on recent anecdotes!

July 11, 2014
Will, at dinner: "You know, being good isn't so bad ... I used to be a bad guy, but then they put me in a dungeon. And I found a ninja costume there, and then I escaped."

August 23, 2014
Alex asked how old Grandpa Klein is.
Tom: I think he's 85?
Me: He's 84. He was born in 1930.
Alex: Oh. What year was I born in?
Me: 2009.
Alex: Oh! Well, I guess I am older than Grandpa if *my* number is 2009!

September 11, 2014
A friend said something about her Southern accent. Alex piped up, "My Kindergarten teacher has a Southern accident, too!"

September 30, 2014
This evening we ran into a friend of ours who is a med school professor and one of the smartest (and kindest) people I know. After a serious conversation, we were talking about the boys being in Kindergarten and Tom said, "Boys, did you know that Mr. Jim teaches doctors? That's his job." Will (who has known Mr. Jim his whole life) opened his eyes wide and then commented, "Well ... that's pretty surprising!"
Fortunately Mr. Jim also has a good sense of humor. 

October 4, 2014
Will: "I'm made to be Iron Man; God made me to be Iron Man, but I don't know why I don't have repulsors yet. I wish I could have a mechanical heart ... Do I, Mom?"

Me: So, Alex, how's your life going?
Alex: Good.
Me: What's your favorite part of life?
Alex: When people say they love each other. That's the best part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment