Will: "If we don't hold hands when we pray, does God still listen to our prayers?"
My husband and me: "Oh yes. He definitely does."
Will: (nodding thoughtfully) "OK! I wondered and I wasn't sure, so I thought I should ask."
****
Will, matter-of-factly to Alex's occupational therapist while coloring and cutting: "Nobody can defeat my daddy! He's the toughest guy in the WHOLE WORLD. Have you seen his muscles? They're HUGE!"
****
Alex: "When I grow up, I want to marry Baby Leala (our friend's daughter). And I want to have three kids, two girls and a boy. Their names will be Eleanor, Isaac ... and .... Lotto."
****
Alex (on the way home from preschool): "My girlfriend at preschool is Stella."
Me: "You have a girlfriend at preschool? Well, what about Leala? I thought you wanted to marry her."
Alex: "Well, when Baby Leala grows up to be a kid and can talk, then I'll ask her if she wants to marry me. And if she doesn't want to, then I won't marry her."
Me: "Good plan!"
Though then of course we had to talk about how they have a looong time before they have to make those decisions or ask those questions!
And then I found out that Stella is also Will's girlfriend at preschool.
This could get interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment